[vc_row][vc_column][rev_slider_vc alias=”sko-live”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Welcome to Saddleback Kids Online! You can access all of the awesome material that you’d find at church right here! Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Watch the video together.
Included are worship songs, animated Bible stories, teachings, and explanations of the Bible story.
- Discuss the Talk It Over Questions.
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Download more tools, resources, and activities to go along with the video.
Included are coloring pages, craft or activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child. [/vc_column_text][vc_separator][vc_column_text]
Activities and Resources
[/vc_column_text][vc_toggle title=”Parent Devotionals”]
Hey parents! We have something just for you to enjoy this Bible story for yourself. We encourage you to read over this devotional sometime this week as a way to reflect on the Bible story your child saw at church this week. We love you![/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Toddlers”]
Hi parents! Thanks for joining us for Church at Home. We are excited to offer you some fun resources to supplement the video service you watched with your toddler. Our toddler curriculum is unique in that it teaches the same lesson with varying activities over the course of a month to build familiarity and confidence in our littlest learners. These activities were designed for classroom teaching with your toddler’s weekend leaders at church, but can easily be adapted for fun at home, too! Just because we can’t meet, doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun engaging with the Bible story lesson. We love you and are cheering you on! Have fun learning about the Parable of the Farmer with your little ones!
This week, your toddler will get to grow their very own plant, just like the farmer in our Bible story! Help them cut and color their own greenhouse and watch your seeds grow big and strong, just like the ones planted in good soil in the Parable of the Farmer.
Using colorful pompoms or even a sweet treat, help your child scatter their “seeds” onto different types of soil, reminding them of what happened in the Parable of the Farmer as you go.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Early Childhood”]
Put faithfulness into action with this week’s faithful megaphone craft! Your child will color and assemble their own paper megaphone to remind them that they can always stand up for what they believe in by sharing their beliefs with others, like the apostles in our Bible story!
In this activity, your child will get on their feet and stand up for what is right like the apostles in our Bible story! You will read a list of right and wrong choices, encouraging your child to stand up if you read something that is right, or shows faithfulness!
Slapstick Theater Puppet Show
Use this classroom teaching tool with your child and have fun adapting it for at-home use! Included is everything you need to act out this week’s Bible story using character puppets, like the ones we saw in our Bible story video! Get creative and have fun learning stories of the Bible with your child.
More Fun Activities
Each week, we have two additional activities for you to do with your child to remember the week’s lesson. They include new coloring pages and activity sheets to print out for your child![/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Elementary”]
Each week of our series, there will be a different activity designed to help your child go deeper and experience God’s Word. They will have fun playing different games while practicing the valuable skill of Scripture memorization.
Activity Sheets and More!
Each week, we have two additional activities to help your child to remember the week’s lesson. They include new coloring pages and activity sheets to print out and complete each week!
Coloring Page[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Disabilities”]
Coloring Page[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_tta_tabs style=”modern” shape=”square” color=”white” alignment=”center” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Toddlers” tab_id=”1586381982475-43c6a111-c983″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/1plGFYPm_gQ”][vc_column_text]Parable of the Farmer
Hey parents! Use these questions as a guide to talk over this week’s lesson, Parable of the Farmer, with your child after they’ve watched the video service!
Family Talk It Over Questions:
- What did the farmer plant in the field? Seeds
- What kinds of things grow from seeds? Lots of things like flowers, plants, fruits, and vegetables
- What’s your favorite yummy fruit or veggie to eat?
- What is something prickly and spikey that the seeds fell on? Thorns! Ouch!
- What happened when the seeds fell on the good soil? They grew big and strong!
Take some time to pray with your toddler. Encourage them to sit with you and fold their hands, saying something like: “God, thank you for loving us. Thank you for giving us Bible stories to read so we can learn more about you and grow big and strong in you! Amen.”[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Early Childhood” tab_id=”1584462762007-ae6fd798-3ff4″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/4HjBmsTPMqc”][vc_column_text]Fruit of the Spirit Week 3: Apostles and the High Council
Hey parents! This week your child learned about faithfulness, which is a Fruit of the Spirit. They heard the Bible story of the Apostles and the High Council, too! Use these questions as a guide to talk over this week’s lesson after they’ve watched the video service.
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- In the Bible story, how did the apostles show faithfulness? They stood up for what was right no matter what! They shared the Good News about Jesus to everyone because that’s what God wanted them to do.
- At Skuppeton Farms, what right thing did Winston stand up for? Winston thought Melly wanted him to steal oranges. He knew stealing was wrong. Winston chose to be faithful and do what was right by not stealing!
- When you belong to God’s family, who helps you be faithful? The Holy Spirit!
- How can you show faithfulness? God says what is right and true. We can be faithful to learn what God says by reading a Bible story every day. We can be faithful and tell others about God’s love.
Pray with your child and thank God for his love and faithfulness. Because of the Holy Spirit, we can show faithfulness, too![/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Elementary” tab_id=”1584462762007-bce0649b-9e60″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/bwjK859Qz34″][vc_column_text]Fruit of the Spirit Week 3: Apostles and the High Council
Hey parents! This week your child learned about faithfulness, which is a Fruit of the Spirit. They heard the Bible story of The Apostles and the High Council, too! Use these questions as a guide to talk over this week’s lesson after they’ve watched the video service!
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- How did the apostles show faithfulness? They stood up for what was right no matter what! They shared the Good News about Jesus to everyone, wherever they were, because that’s what God wanted them to do.
- Why were the apostles faithful to share the message about Jesus? The apostles knew and loved God. They showed faithfulness because they had the help of the Holy Spirit to share God’s love and faithfulness.
- What does it mean to be faithful? Being faithful means, you will do what is right no matter what. You stand up for what you believe in because it is the right thing to do.
- Is it easy to be faithful and do what is right no matter what? What are some things that make being faithful difficult? It not always easy to be faithful and do what is right. It can be scary to do what is right if other people are telling us no or are mean to us about it. But each time we do what is right and are faithful to God, we become more like him. He will help us. When we belong to God’s family, the spirit God gives is of power, love, and self-discipline.
- How can you remain faithful and do what is right? We can pray and talk to God and ask for his help. We can also talk to other people who love God, too. They can encourage us and help us know what to do when we don’t know what is right.
- Don’t forget about Greg’s Super Awesome Video Contest! This week make a video about faithfulness. Go to saddlebackkids.com/videocontest for more information.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Disabilities” tab_id=”1584463672801-1b1dee4a-065d”][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/MnX6JpzIEaM”][vc_column_text]Fruit of the Spirit 1-3: Goodness is treating others well because we know Jesus.
Lydia | Acts 16:11-15 & Acts 40
Family Talk It Over Questions:
- What was your favorite part of the video?
- What was the name of the lady who worshipped God?
- What were Paul and Silas doing with the women?
- Why do you think Lydia and her family got baptized?
- How can you treat others well this week? How can you love them like Jesus?